All About Birch
About Birch Hardwood Flooring
Birch hardwood floors are our most popular entry-level hardwood flooring option. If you like the look of maple, but need a hardwood at more of an entry level price point, you’ll want to take some time to check out birch. Birch has similar hardness to maple and oak, with light and dark color variations to provide visual interest. If you don’t like a lot of knots and visible grain in your flooring, birch could be a good option for you.
- Species: Birch
- Width: Available in 6″ and random
- Length: up to 70 in. (RL)
- Style: Handscraped and Distressed
- Finish: 9 Coats of Aluminum Oxide
- Installation: Glue, Float, Staple
- Connection: Tongue and Groove
- Thickness: 12mm (~1/2 in.)
- Wear Layer: 2mm
- SF per box: 23.56
- Finish Warranty: 50 Year
- Structural Warranty: Lifetime
- High Traffic Areas
- Distress look masks normal wear and tear
- Never requires refinishing
Our birch hardwood floors come in four finishes:
When it comes to birch hardwood floors quality and longevity, size matters. Here’s how River City Flooring’s engineered birch hardwood is better than the competition:
- River City Flooring’s Birch Hardwood Floor thickness is ½”. The “Other Guys’” is only 3/8”.
- River City’s Birch Hardwood Floors are up to 6” wide, while the “Other Guys’” is only 5”.
- River City’s Birch Hardwood Floors are up to 6 feet in length. With the other guys, you can only get boards up to 4 feet.
- RCF’s warranty on Birch Hardwood Floors is 50 years. With the “Other Guys,” you are only covered for 15-25.